Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RahRah : (18 April 2014 - 01:19 PM) @noc0ntrol No, not Open beta just yet.
@  vVv Realize : (18 April 2014 - 01:09 PM) Glad to be back :D
@  vVv Tatsuota : (18 April 2014 - 01:04 PM) @vVv noc0ntrol if you pre order it you can play every beta weekend
@  vVv noc0ntrol : (18 April 2014 - 12:55 PM) is wildstar open beta yet? also, hello every1
@  RahRah : (18 April 2014 - 12:37 PM) Streaming WildStar all day/night long. Stalker tank PoV: http://www.twitch.tv/rahrah_
@  vVv SugarBear : (18 April 2014 - 12:11 PM) DO YOU EVEN REALIZE?
@  vVv Zodyak : (18 April 2014 - 11:56 AM) @vVv Realize welcome back :)
@  vVv Tatsuota : (18 April 2014 - 11:55 AM) @vVv FireWater eh debatable :)
@  vVv Realize : (18 April 2014 - 11:47 AM) Hello :)
@  vVv sK1ppY : (18 April 2014 - 11:38 AM) yo
@  Soap : (18 April 2014 - 11:27 AM) hello
@  vVv FireWater : (18 April 2014 - 11:27 AM) Hey Jerry I got to meet DoomHammer briefly, great dude!
@  vVv FireWater : (18 April 2014 - 11:26 AM) whats upo
@  vVv LordJerith : (18 April 2014 - 11:26 AM) lol
@  vVv SugarBear : (18 April 2014 - 11:17 AM) tf brothel*
@  vVv ORION : (18 April 2014 - 10:51 AM) skippy u starting a tf gamehouse?
@  vVv PretzL : (18 April 2014 - 10:36 AM) nevermind it's not him however he did have the jersey and nadeshot name on back
@  vVv Sun Down : (18 April 2014 - 10:19 AM) pretty wel, up at my GFs for easter
@  vVv PretzL : (18 April 2014 - 10:14 AM) im watching fifa with Nadeshot
@  vVv SugarBear : (18 April 2014 - 10:12 AM) Thanks Cam, how are you?

Photo

LordJerith's 10 Commandments

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 vVv JayC

vVv JayC

ummm......no

• League of Legends
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

I think there's an exception to the revive tip, having you or a team killed on a revive is better then them possibly getting the meat shield if it's a close up battle.

Jayme "JayC" Chamberlain

GVloY.jpg

Tn2He.jpg

vVv CDN Alpha Champion 

#22 MeanMachine AGz

MeanMachine AGz

Lurker

• 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

I don't play GoW but I feel like I can be a Pro or at least Amateur with these Commandments .. he he he :D

Live Cyber, Die Cyber ... Gamer Forever!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 GloryD

GloryD

2010-11 App Of The Year :)

• 1,050 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:58 AM

host doesnt need power weapon...they have all the power and do the most damage

Edited by BoozuR, 22 January 2010 - 02:59 AM.

GT:vVv GloryD

Competitive Player

Gears Of War 3 Main Slayer

Posted Image

#24 Bosman1012email

Bosman1012email

Lurker

• I need to update my e-mail
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

I aprreciate the tips Jerry. Thank you

#25 Chidori

Chidori

One Thousand Birds

• 1,680 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:07 PM

The sniper is 50/50, you either hit or miss. You hit? okay hes hurt(unless it was a headshot). You missed? Your FUCKED. I rather use a lancer than a sniper, but if they're is another snipe sure I'll grab one.

Point is, a sniper is not more sufficient than a Lancer, Pistol, etc etc. Even on LAN, sure the hit detection would be different, but no one will constantly pull off a head shot. Until I see a player who can use a sniper rifle and not MISS one single shot. Whether it's a head shot or body shot, It's a bad weapon for support. I can't tell you how many times I died and saw on my teams ghost camera, he was holding a sniper rifle.

As well the Torque is also a one shot kill, but if you miss and miss by a cm. USUALLY they take damage or die from the explosion. So........... It's more sufficient than the Long shot.

That's how I always seen it, and it seems to be agreeable.

I'm not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance.

The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.

#26 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Owner

• Executives
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

I think there's an exception to the revive tip, having you or a team killed on a revive is better then them possibly getting the meat shield if it's a close up battle.

So, you saying its better to kill yourself than give them a meat shield?
LordJerith
Director of People, Riot Games
Owner, vVv Gaming
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Follow me on Twitter @LordJerith

#27 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Owner

• Executives
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

The sniper is 50/50, you either hit or miss. You hit? okay hes hurt(unless it was a headshot). You missed? Your FUCKED. I rather use a lancer than a sniper, but if they're is another snipe sure I'll grab one.

Point is, a sniper is not more sufficient than a Lancer, Pistol, etc etc. Even on LAN, sure the hit detection would be different, but no one will constantly pull off a head shot. Until I see a player who can use a sniper rifle and not MISS one single shot. Whether it's a head shot or body shot, It's a bad weapon for support. I can't tell you how many times I died and saw on my teams ghost camera, he was holding a sniper rifle.

As well the Torque is also a one shot kill, but if you miss and miss by a cm. USUALLY they take damage or die from the explosion. So........... It's more sufficient than the Long shot.

That's how I always seen it, and it seems to be agreeable.

Good point. it's about damage per second per character, so you need to weigh how your going to do more damage over time. Snipe has uses, but its spike damage (unless you get a head shot), and although it has its use, its not going to be cranking out consistant damage over time.
LordJerith
Owner, vVv Gaming

#28 SlimCrim

SlimCrim

Public Enemy

• 436 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

So, you saying its better to kill yourself than give them a meat shield?

I think he's trying to say it's better to lose you or your teammate trying to revive, than it is to let your opponent meatshield the downed guy.
Posted Image

#29 Volume

Volume

VIP

• 2,013 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

i remember these from Gears 1.

Great Tip, especially switching strats on sides. my time struggles with this sometimes when we get to caught up in getting to the power weapon.

Edited by Bonez, 24 January 2010 - 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Zyzz

Gamertag: vVv VoIume

Follow Me @VoIume

#30 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Owner

• Executives
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

I think he's trying to say it's better to lose you or your teammate trying to revive, than it is to let your opponent meatshield the downed guy.

Give me an example of how that would work. Help me understand under what kind of situation it is better to try a revive and risk dieing, so i understand better.
LordJerith
Owner, vVv Gaming

#31 SlimCrim

SlimCrim

Public Enemy

• 436 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

Give me an example of how that would work. Help me understand under what kind of situation it is better to try a revive and risk dieing, so i understand better.

Let's say it's a 2v1 in your team's favor, but your teammate is downed in front of you, and the opposing player is roughly the same distance as you from your downed teammate. Common sense dictates that you move up for the revive, and in your opponent's case he moves up to challenge, trying to get the kill/meatshield if you don't contest, or trying to chunk/one-shot one of you when you go for the revive. Assuming both you and your opponent move up on top of your downed teammate, you take a shot point blank to try to one-shot him, and then immediately get the revive. Even if you don't get the one-shot, there's a decent chance he won't either, you'll both be back up, and he'll be damaged. If he chunks one of you, you already have him substantially red from that point blank shot, and have a good chance at winning the round.

This ends up being a much more advantageous option than giving your opponent a chance at the meatshield.
Posted Image

#32 XcelleINceemail

XcelleINceemail

Active Forum Contributor

• I need to update my e-mail
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

Nice tips.

#33 Cauterize

Cauterize

vVv Historian

• 1,095 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

Great tips, Jerry.

These will make any Gears player smarter.

EmarosafixedforvVv_zps9a9db785.png
Xbox Live | Steam | Last.FM

#34 vVv LordJerith

vVv LordJerith

Owner

• Executives
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:56 AM

Let's say it's a 2v1 in your team's favor, but your teammate is downed in front of you, and the opposing player is roughly the same distance as you from your downed teammate. Common sense dictates that you move up for the revive, and in your opponent's case he moves up to challenge, trying to get the kill/meatshield if you don't contest, or trying to chunk/one-shot one of you when you go for the revive. Assuming both you and your opponent move up on top of your downed teammate, you take a shot point blank to try to one-shot him, and then immediately get the revive. Even if you don't get the one-shot, there's a decent chance he won't either, you'll both be back up, and he'll be damaged. If he chunks one of you, you already have him substantially red from that point blank shot, and have a good chance at winning the round.

This ends up being a much more advantageous option than giving your opponent a chance at the meatshield.

This is already a bad scenario. If your teammate was downed in front of you, and you and your opponent are both the same distance, then you should have been supporting your teammate with a lancer or a pistol. This player should be hurt and hurt badly. See Rule #8:

Never attack someone up close with the same weapon: If you are supporting and someone is in a shotgun duel, support with a pistol or lancer.

You should be able to finish pistol/lancering him down,unless you and your teammate are really bad at aiming, and in that case, I recommend you don't play gears at the highest level.
LordJerith
Owner, vVv Gaming

#35 Shluu

Shluu

Banned

• Banned
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

Very True Jerry, all good points i like these ideas. great for newer gears player to think about especially 10 =D and the ones about sniper lol too many kids think if they pick it up they get a headshot. players who dont put it down are the ones who cost their teams dearly

#36 Shluu

Shluu

Banned

• Banned
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

This is already a bad scenario. If your teammate was downed in front of you, and you and your opponent are both the same distance, then you should have been supporting your teammate with a lancer or a pistol. This player should be hurt and hurt badly. See Rule #8:

You should be able to finish pistol/lancering him down,unless you and your teammate are really bad at aiming, and in that case, I recommend you don't play gears at the highest level.

If the guy is as close as you say he is....jerry is correct your team mate getting downed is now pretty much irrelevant if youve payed attention to any pro teams or the rule above the guy shouldnt need to be shotgunned. and you shouldnt have a shotty out anyway. on top of this basing a round on a "One-Shot" is not a good tactic in anyones eyes damage per second as you say jerry is the way to go the games inconsitent as it is dont let the games bullshit cost you a round or a map.

#37 SlimCrim

SlimCrim

Public Enemy

• 436 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Gears isn't so black and white.

Every round can't be a perfect scenario. You make the game sound involves very little shotgun skill, when it is an integral and deciding factor in a majority of rounds, and if you are exceptional with the shotgun, you can win rounds you shouldn't normally win (man disadvantages).
Posted Image

#38 vVv JayC

vVv JayC

ummm......no

• League of Legends
  • 975 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Pretty much what slim says, shit happens and I'd rather have a chance of reviving someone while picking them up then them being dead anyways if you don't go for it/they pick up the meat, if they pick up the meat you have lost any chance of killing him at the time unless you have a power weapon. I agree that you should be supporting your team mate....but face it, it's gears, nothing goes the way you want it to. People can get one shot downed from far away.

Edited by JayC , 25 January 2010 - 03:38 PM.

Jayme "JayC" Chamberlain

GVloY.jpg

Tn2He.jpg

vVv CDN Alpha Champion 

#39 Bnk5D

Bnk5D

vVv Historian

• 1,507 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

Jerry these are great tips.
Posted Image
Posted Image
vVv JayC : (24 March 2011 - 12:37 AM) bankd is a god

#40 headache

headache

I need to post more!

• 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Very Solid. Cool.
Smart Talk Beats Dumb Power
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Receive Free Shipping with your purchase of $99 or more!
Change Theme!