Welcome to vVv Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• vVv Medusa

We Moved from Mumble to TeamSpeak!   10/06/2015

TeamSpeak 3 Guide

Don't have Teamspeak 3?
      Download here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
      (Windows, OS X, Android, iOS, etc)

Server Info:
      Server address: ts65.gameservers.com:9222
      (You can uses spaces in your name)
      There is no Server Password  

Need help setting up your microphone and sound settings?
      Tired of hearing that beeping/ding noise, when people post in TS chat?
      Can people not hear you while you have a game open?

You should now have the basics of TeamSpeak set up. Welcome to the better VoiP program! You don't need to do anything extra so you can now come in and join us for events, find people to play with, or just to socialize.
        If you have any questions or need help, just ask a staff member!
vVv LordJerith

LordJerith's 10 Commandments

85 posts in this topic

• Gears is about Speed: first to postilion, first to call targets, first to get the power weapon
  • Gears is about Damage per Second per Character: the more damage per second per character, the faster the player goes down
  • Never cause another casualty when going for a Revive: make sure it is safe.
  • Use the right weapon at the right distance: Gears damage is based on distance, so use the right weapon for the right range
  • Active reloads matter! If it's all about damage per second, then the faster you shoot, the more damage you do per second
  • Change your strats on each side! Every map has a good side and a bad side, you msut have a different strat for each side
  • Have specific goals for each stage of the game: Beginning-Get power weapon, middle-get them down to 2 players, End-carefully mop up in a disciplined fashion
  • Never attack someone up close with the same weapon: If you are supporting and someone is in a shotgun duel, support with a pistol or lancer
  • Torque and Boom> Sniper: Learn to be a beast with both before using sniper. PUT THE SNIPER AWAY! Damage per Second per character!
  • Host should minimize the use power weapons: Don't negate host advantage in support and slaying. Damage per Second! (Power weapons are hit or miss)

Feel free to ask any questions or make any comments

DiggY likes this

Very Nice tips. Thank you Jerry

great GoW2 tips.thank you jerry.

could job i posted mine i posted like 25 i have many rules and commandments i play gears by n all of these are aaprt of mine in ways i'm listing them in order from 1 being the one i use most and 10 being the one i use less.

1. Gears is all about Speed: first to postilion, first to call targets, first to get the power weapon

2. Active reloads matter! If it's all about damage per second, then the faster you shoot, the more damage you do per second

3. Torque and Boom> Sniper: Learn to be a beast with both before using sniper. PUT THE SNIPER AWAY! Damage per Second per character!

4. Gears is all about Damage per Second per Character: the more damage per second per character, the faster the player goes down

5. Change your strats on each side! Every map has a good side and a bad side, you msut have a different strat for each side

6. Use the right weapon at the right distance: Gears damage is based on distance, so use the right weapon for the right range

7. Never attack someone up close with the same weapon: If you are supporting and someone is in a shotgun duel, support with a pistol or lancer (good tip but 9/10 you will get your kill stolen or get shot in the ass).

8. Never cause another casualty when going for a Revive:, make sure it is safe. (Sometimes u get lucky if you both shoot after you pick them up always wroks for me).

9. Have specific goals for each stage of the game: Beginning-Get power weapon, middle-get them down to 2 players, End-carefully mop up in a disciplined fashion

10. Host should never use power weapons: Don't negate host advantage

Pretty good tips. Thanks Jerry.

Disagree with number 10. Host snipe and torque in this game are far superior to off-host. This is the reason why a lot of top teams will put their host in tower on river. The shot registration is just better. Otherwise, a solid list.

Disagree with number 10. Host snipe and torque in this game are far superior to off-host. This is the reason why a lot of top teams will put their host in tower on river. The shot registration is just better. Otherwise, a solid list.

I disagree, they put their host there to lancer down and get that host lancer to bear on torque. Totally disagree with "far superior."

Pretty solid, covers everything someone new to the game should know.

Host snipe and torque are ridiculous though, even on LAN.

Great tips.

Pretty solid, covers everything someone new to the game should know.

Host snipe and torque are ridiculous though, even on LAN.

Yes, but think Damage per second. Those are hit or miss weapons.

I don't play gears much but even I get these strats and they are brilliant.

Great tips & I really admire the dicussion follow up :)

yeah I remember someone telling about the dps situation in GoW might have been you jerry. I definately agree with this.

I've been waiting to see these actually posted because, when i wrote them down on pencil and paper really fast it got sloppy lol. Thanks for the better copy :]

Yes, but think Damage per second. Those are hit or miss weapons.

More risk, more reward.

The torque is a one-hit kill, the snipe can be, and although there's no one-hit active down, the snipe still 4-points/full-reds with a body shot. Common sense dictates you wouldn't want someone just watching with snipe while they could be supporting, but if you hit even a body shot that's a considerable amount of instant damage.

very great tips jerry, with these tip my gears will probley take a leap in smartness in matchs. thank you.

gallery_5702_32_17339.jpg

8.jpg

More risk, more reward.

The torque is a one-hit kill, the snipe can be, and although there's no one-hit active down, the snipe still 4-points/full-reds with a body shot. Common sense dictates you wouldn't want someone just watching with snipe while they could be supporting, but if you hit even a body shot that's a considerable amount of instant damage.

If he misses your fucked.

I think there's an exception to the revive tip, having you or a team killed on a revive is better then them possibly getting the meat shield if it's a close up battle.

I don't play GoW but I feel like I can be a Pro or at least Amateur with these Commandments .. he he he :D

host doesnt need power weapon...they have all the power and do the most damage

Edited by BoozuR

The sniper is 50/50, you either hit or miss. You hit? okay hes hurt(unless it was a headshot). You missed? Your FUCKED. I rather use a lancer than a sniper, but if they're is another snipe sure I'll grab one.

Point is, a sniper is not more sufficient than a Lancer, Pistol, etc etc. Even on LAN, sure the hit detection would be different, but no one will constantly pull off a head shot. Until I see a player who can use a sniper rifle and not MISS one single shot. Whether it's a head shot or body shot, It's a bad weapon for support. I can't tell you how many times I died and saw on my teams ghost camera, he was holding a sniper rifle.

As well the Torque is also a one shot kill, but if you miss and miss by a cm. USUALLY they take damage or die from the explosion. So........... It's more sufficient than the Long shot.

That's how I always seen it, and it seems to be agreeable.