Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  vVv SugarBear : (30 July 2014 - 08:18 PM) @voison sup?
@  Voison : (30 July 2014 - 08:17 PM) Any mumble admins online?
@  Chevy : (30 July 2014 - 07:51 PM) @Hinao still got to get to level 30 lol
@  Chevy : (30 July 2014 - 07:51 PM) @Hinao thanks man. Wish it was in rank tho
@  Hinao : (30 July 2014 - 07:50 PM) @Chevy Oh I saw. It's impressive.
@  Chevy : (30 July 2014 - 07:47 PM) @Hinao love it check out this game I just played http://matchhistory....55642/215021793
@  Hinao : (30 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) @Chevy How you liking league?
@  vVv MetalFoot : (30 July 2014 - 07:39 PM) lol
@  vVv MetalFoot : (30 July 2014 - 07:39 PM) need more viewers!
@  Chevy : (30 July 2014 - 07:35 PM) will do i'm in
@  vVv Unverclopt : (30 July 2014 - 07:34 PM) In less than a half hour we're gonna be having our vVv CR5W for League. If you're interested make sure to hop into the vVv CR5W channel in the client.
@  vVv Krewel : (30 July 2014 - 07:24 PM) Hey all how goes it
@  Chevy : (30 July 2014 - 07:19 PM) hey guys check out this game I just played http://matchhistory....55642/215021793
@  Abstract Is Art : (30 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) hi
@  vVv MetalFoot : (30 July 2014 - 06:53 PM) streaming some infected http://www.twitch.tv/xxmetalfootxx
@  vVv PretzL : (30 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Looking for One More!!
@  Hinao : (30 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) ranked 5s tonight?
@  vVv PretzL : (30 July 2014 - 06:47 PM) Arh, It's cool :)
@  vVv Xero : (30 July 2014 - 06:44 PM) -_-
@  vVv Xero : (30 July 2014 - 06:38 PM) I'

Photo

Competing Positions: Warrior vs. Soldier #1

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Flufeeh

Flufeeh

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

Very good read!
Posted Image

#22 Sage

Sage

I rule the forums!

• 919 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

This article is amazing. It is completly true and should be read by every player out there. This article reminds me of the 300 spartans who fought against nearly 200,000 men. Many people before reading this article would refer to the spartans as savage WARRIORS; fighting since birth, and knowing nothing else but there blade and there valor. But warrior is exactly what they are not. They fight not for them selfs and they will never be remembered as that one great warrior but will be remembered as one of the best teams mandkind has seen. The spartan does not care about his own sword and his own legacy but the legacy of his squad and team. That is why no one spartan can ever be classified as a warrior because above himself and above any thing he achives in his life, is his country and his team. If his country or his team fails then the spartan him self fails. It is like when Woodrow Wilson said 'I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately triumph than to triumph in a cause that will ultimately fail.'. These 300 spartans knew fighting against 200,000 men was a cause that would fail, but overall or ultimatley it would be a succsess. These 300 men are not soliders because this as not a means to an end, but a new beggining for there people. That is why these 300 spartans could not be ever defeated, beacause they had the mindset of a solider fighting for team and relying on them in the time of need, but the heart of a warrior on the path of greatness.

If a gamer has this mindset he will go on to be better then the competition and will go on with a great team that will be remembered as a whole. Or maybe he will go on to begin a great gaming legacy that is today known as vVv. Not many people know of individual vVv members and all there achievments, but many people know of vVv and all there group achievments, and all this organisation has done as a whole. That is why the founders of vVv are soliders because instead of going on a journy of self centerness, they went on the journy of working together with others and straining out the flaws to become the greatest gaming organization known today.

Sorry for spelling mistakes. Feel free to question anything i have said in this response because without questioning nothing gets changed, and id love for this responce to get changed for the better.- Wanna Be- Nick

I agree, that just proves that a small force working for the better of the TEAM, will suceed against many foes, whom there only concern is what they themselves will accomplish, I have had the sort of mentality of a soldier for a while. thanks for the read Jerry. PS this is why I play Team Tac, and or wingman, you can depend on your wingman, and or the two other people on your team, small, elite, and working as a unit.

Dont agree with the above post? Don't bother flaming, I'll more than likely agree somewhat with your opinion. I'm pretty open minded.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am the past the spirit of those warriors who have made the final sacrifice.

I am the present the scholar and apprentice soldier enhancing my skills in the science of warfare and the art of leadership.

I am the future the future warrior leader of the United States Army. May God give me the compassion and judgment to lead and the gallantry in battle to win.

#23 effinn ninja

effinn ninja

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Here is the thing about halo 3 specifically that upsets me the most, people who call eachother warriors, well here is the thing, I am good individually however I always play for my teammates and i find that i become a better player like that.

#24 Displace77

Displace77

I need to post more!

• New Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

I liked both of these articles. my favorite quote " You dont need to be the best to win. You only need to be better and more effective than the competition". Aswome.

That's so true. For any team sport.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Xu7email

Xu7email

vVv Historian

• I need to update my e-mail
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

This made me think alot about what i need to work on.

#26 Bard

Bard

I need to post more!

• 29 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

This is kind of touching in a way. I started to realize how true the article is and also how it really can and should apply to everyone.

Very nice article!

#27 Miss Demonkitty

Miss Demonkitty

Active Forum Contributor

• New Forum Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Very well-written! This article is simply amazing.

Posted Image
vVv Demonkitty
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Expert Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, and Rock Band Player
Plays every instrument, turntable, and vocals,
With a little bit of craziness.

Posted Image

#28 iHosway

iHosway

Former vVv Member

• 461 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

i cant believe i never knew these articles existed till today. This was a very good read i suggest others to take a look at it. It showed how you may play as a gamer and what you could improve on. many of the quotes is what i would say xD

Posted Image
Posted Image

vVv Mr Jones : (29 August 2010 - 04:24 PM) Anyways, I'm off to get some Five Guys. Never had them before.

Community Gamer/Donor Circle
GT:iHosway
Former vVv Member

#29 YeNiBeaR

YeNiBeaR

Active Forum Contributor

• 239 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

Of course soldiers would win. They learn from their mistakes by applying what went wrong. Warriors are the ones that don't want to face the fact that they made a mistake that the other person "cheated" or is a "higher level". If you can find your mistakes and work on them you'll be a solider in no time =]

This is one of the best articles.:D

Edited by YeNiBeaR, 29 November 2009 - 03:39 AM.

Posted Image
[center]
Posted Image

#30 BATMAN

BATMAN

Lurker

• 86 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:12 AM

Great article. Probably one of the best I've seen in a while.

Edited by BATMAN, 16 December 2009 - 12:13 AM.

#31 High Defined

High Defined

I need to post more in the forums!

• 251 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:44 AM

I love the collaboration of using 300 great write up!
Teamwork:It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

Change The Way You See Things. And The Things You See Will Change.

Eternal?

#32 FyasKo

FyasKo

Motion Movement

• 582 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

loving the comparisons. Accepting/knowing what you did wrong, than working on fixing that :)

awesome write up doom

Posted Image

#33 iGod91

iGod91

Lurker

• 54 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:26 AM

I like the article very much, my favorite line :

'The professional may take satisfaction in his work, and in a job well done, and maybe even in his own superiority, but hes not playing because he loves the game. Hes playing to win.'
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Elusive

Elusive

Xo

• 485 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:56 AM

“What happened?”
“I ran forward to shotgun this guy, but I got hit with a stun grenade.”
The wrong answer. Or commonly phrased in the gaming community: Kill yourself

So Correct :)

Edited by Jay R, 20 December 2009 - 01:56 AM.

#35 Doctor

Doctor

VIP

• 3,124 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

All of these articles are very true; straight derived from community ideals. Very nice.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Schirminator
Battle.net real id: mikeschirm@comcast.net
E-mail: mikeschirm@comcast.net
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice really: get busy living or get busy dying."

#36 Obese

Obese

Active Forum Contributor

• New Forum Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:11 AM

Excellent... I'd like to show this to many of my past teammates. Specifically the area where I hear about their deaths.

Adam is Obese

Obese Can Dunk

vVv App

Posted Image

#37 Niko

Niko

Active Forum Contributor

• 443 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

This is a Great Article and should teach the hotheads to handle situations a lot better.

Origin

"It's not about East or West
It's about niggaz and bitches, power and money,
riders and punks. Which side are you on?" -2Pac

#38 Cosmo

Cosmo

The Fairy!

• Banned
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:03 PM

Great article.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[17:33] Reaaliity: Xylon is free if your still cool with him
[17:33] vVvEve: I'd rather rip my eyes off my head..Nuff said

Dreams will stay dreams without action.

#39 Mr Jones

Mr Jones

vVv OG

• 959 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

A great article, but I don't think this translates 100% into real life, and real battle.
Because no matter if you are a Warrior or Soldier, you are ultimately fighting for survival, and to make to the end of the battle unscathed, and to make it home to whoever is waiting for you.

MrJones.png

Subies fo' life, yo.

#40 KYRO E5email

KYRO E5email

Active Forum Contributor

• I need to update my e-mail
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

Well structured and written I can see from this article im a 'Warrior' but now I want to be that Soldier. :)

Great article.

Posted Image

The signature represents me 'its beastly'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!